Duration: 30 Hrs
Outcome:Students will learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cluster of Red Hat Storage servers. The course will also explore highly available common Internet file systems (CIFS) and network file systems (NFS) using CTDB, unified file and object storage, and geo-replication.
Professionals holding this certification have continually helped their companies with successful deployments and migrations.Hiring IT professionals who are certified as RedHat Storage Server allows many organizations to increase their ratio of servers to administrators, enabling them to be more cost effective in building out their infrastructures without needing to bring on additional resources.
A Candidate is able to perform the following tasks:
- Install and configure Red Hat Storage Server.
- Create and manage different volume types.
- Learn about IP failover for NFS and CIFS using CTDB.
- Explore geo-replication,
- Practice unified file and object storage using Swift.
Audience: Those who are looking for the future in the field of Linux system administrators and storage administrators or responsible for, maintaining large storage clusters using Red Hat Storage.
Prerequisite: Should be certified with RHCSA certification or an equivalent level of knowledge is highly recommended
For candidates who have not earned their RHCSA, confirmation of the needed skills can be obtained by passing the online skills assessment.
- Install Red Hat Storage Server.
- Basic configuration
- Build a Red Hat Storage server volume.
- Volume types
- Understand different volume types.
- Access data on Red Hat Storage server volumes from different client types.
- ACLs and quotas
- Implement quotas and Posix access control lists.
- Extending volumes
- Grow storage volumes online.
- IP failover
- Configure IP failover using CTDB.
- Configure geo-replication.
- Unified file and object storage
- Configure Swift object access.
- Perform basic troubleshooting tasks.
- Quick Query